Judging in the Cymbidium Orchid Club of South Australia is done in three divisions according to the experience of the exhibitors:
- First and
The plants in each division are divided into four size classes, according to flower size.
- Miniature (0-60mm)
- Intermediate (60-85mm)
- Small Standard (85-100mm)
- Large Standard (100mm and over)
Within these classes plants are judged according to colour, eg we can have the best pink miniature in Open division.
From the best in the colour classes we judge the best in each size class and from those the best overall. Some of these plants may be first flowering seedlings which are also judged separately.
On any meeting night the Judge’s Choice will be:
- Best Overall
- Best in Open Division
- Best in First Division
- Best in Second Division
- Best Large Standard and Seedling
- Best Small Standard and Seedling
- Best Intermediate and Seedling
- Best Miniature and Seedling - as well as
- Best Specimen
- Best Species
Ben Knobben, Registrar of Judges